Monday, September 16, 2013

Crafting & Our First Dinner Party

Hey y'all! We spent a lot of time with friends and family this past weekend, and we enjoyed every bit of it. There was lots of crafting and a ridiculous amount of food - just the way I like it! Here's a little re-cap of our weekend.

Friday:
Friday was homecoming in Bulldog country and Graham was asked to drive one of Cisco's new Rangers in the parade that afternoon. I got off work and came back in to town at around the same time, so I decided I wanted to ride with him. I met him at Bulldog Bowl, where everyone was getting lined up in their appropriate spots.

Afterwards, we went to Wal-mart to get our shopping done for the dinner I was planning the next day. Hours and way too much money spent later; we were ready for our first dinner party! Well, at least we had the stuff... I still had to put it all together.


Saturday:
Cisco was having a big year end clearance sale to try to get rid of some of their 2013 inventory, so Graham was going to have to work all day.  I got busy getting all of the food prepped so it would be easy to get it all made come dinner time. 

Around two that afternoon my SIL, Staci, and my good friend, Kayla came over to make some wreaths.  Kayla and I both started on Halloween rag wreaths with fabric we had picked up from Hobby Lobby earlier that week, while Staci got busy working on a Texas Tech ribbon wreath to go with the new TTU sign I got her for her birthday. 

Let me just say that we all totally underestimated how long our projects were going to take and how much material we would need to complete them.  Needless to say, none of us were able to finish our projects.  On the bright side, we enjoyed mimosas, some veggies with ranch, and a really freaking good spinach, artichoke, green chile dip with some chips/baguette bread - not to mention some much needed girl time!

Around six that evening Staci's husband and kids came over for dinner, along with her sister, Erin and her family.  Graham's bff, Jamie also dropped by for a little while.  I made some asado, beef fajitas, chicken fajitas, and spanish rice.  Don't let my pale complection fool ya... I can make some seriously good mexican food.  I also made some banana pudding and a Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a browned butter glaze I found on pinterest.  And of course I've been slacking in the picture-taking department, so I have no pictures to prove how good dinner was. 

We had such a great time though.  I love having enough space to entertain and love even more that I have a kitchen big enough to make food for all of our little parties!

   

Sunday
Graham woke up with a runny nose and achy bones.  He thought it was his allergies at first, so he took some medicine and we headed off to our first church service in a few weeks.  Poor dude spent the whole time with some kleenex clenched tight in his hand, while he fought to keep his nose from running down on his shirt; it definitely wasn't allergies.

After church we went home to change clothes before heading to his parents for a quick lunch to celebrate Staci's birthday earlier last week.  We hadn't heard whether they would be having a get-together for her, so we brought our present when we went over for our circle group meeting on Wednesday.  We enjoyed some KFC chicken and time with Graham's family before heading home so Graham could get some rest. 

I got him started on some cold meds and had him lay down in the bed to take a nap.  I read the Sunday paper and decided I needed a nap too.  Before I knew it, 5 o'clock had rolled around and it was time for me to get up and put some dinner together.   

Tig, Mercy, and Annie enjoying nap time with Graham.
 

Graham's home sick today, and I feel like I'm starting to come down with the same crap he has. Nothing a little cold medicine and extra sleep can't conquer!

Enjoy your week...

No comments:

Post a Comment