Monday, March 25, 2013

The Color Run - Lubbock, TX


On Saturday, I participated in my first ever 5k with my sister-in-law, Staci and my good friend, Erin (Staci's sister). 
What better 5k to start with than The Color Run??


This was the first time The Color Run had ever been to Lubbock and there was a huge turn-out... like 14,000 people signed up to run! 



 

If you're living under a rock not familiar with the concept, it's basically an untimed fun-run where you go in looking squeaky clean and finish looking like a rainbow.  You can run, walk, hop, skip, anything you need to do to get through the 5k course.  At every "k" you run through a different color station and the color volunteers throw colored powder on you.  

I don't really remember what order the color stations were in but here a few pics from those.




There were also tons of people that came to watch us in all of our colored glory as we crossed the finish line.



After we were all colorfied we hit up the after-party at The Color Run stage for more, wellll COLOR!
 




The Run-icorn was hanging out with Raider Red!


I had been using a 5k training app since the end of January to try my best to get ready for this "race".  I didn't run the whole thing by any means but I was able to run a hell of a lot more than I was able to when I first started a few months ago.  All in all, I was proud of myself and had so much freaking fun.  It was seriously one of the most awesome experiences I've ever had! 

If you want more information or want to find a race in your area, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment